Reliance Communications (RCom) CDMA services are being shut. The phones which supported only CDMA sim cards or the company-locked phones will add to the plastic waste.
While Reliance CDMA customers are being forced to upgrade to 4G services, there is no word about what will happen to their such CDMA phone sets.
There are roughly five million CDMA customers in the country.
Such rolling out of CDMA services by Reliance is so hasty that customers are expressing shock after receiving very short notices by way of SMS on their phones to migrate to 4G, at once.
Shutting down CDMA services will prevent customers from using their phones which do not support GSM services and as such subscribers will be left with no access to network.
Actor Gul Panag, whose husband owned a CDMA set, said, her Mr. is disappointed over the CDMA-GSM switch over. Gul said his CDMA phone was faithful and that he is very upset about its impending death.
- Sonu Nigam’s rant on Azaan - April 18, 2017
- Ratnaboli Ray Honoured - September 2, 2016
- Bihar on GM Mustard - September 1, 2016
- Reliance CDMA RIP - May 30, 2016
- One Rank One Pension - June 25, 2015
- Stay safe online - June 23, 2015
- Crisis of Disappearances - June 22, 2015
- Asaram Bapu case - June 20, 2015
- How strong is your faith? - September 3, 2013
- PJ Prakash Jha - September 2, 2013